The cheapest and fastest way to purchase tickets for our express lines is through Meejo mobile app or online store: super cheap tickets for all Savonlinja express buses are available starting from €1!
- An online ticket is a bus ticket you can buy on the internet. Online tickets are available for those departures which display a Choose button on the schedule information.
- Depending on departure, online tickets can be purchased 2 months before the actual departure at the earliest.
- We charge 0,50 € service fee when purchasing tickets. Service fee is charged only once, even if there are more tickets in the shopping cart. Service fee is not charged from registered loyal customers.
- An online ticket is only valid on the day and time for which it is purchased
- Online tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged
- A pdf-format receipt of your online ticket purchase contains all your travel information. The receipt has to be printed to take with you or you can show the driver your mobile device's screen.
- When getting on the bus, passengers must demonstrate their right to travel by presenting a photo ID, a passport or a driver's license issued by the police. If you purchased tickets for several passengers at a time, the person whose name is on the ticket must prove their identity.
- Customers buying discount tickets (pensioner, juniors 6-16) must fulfill the discount terms and conditions. A discount card must be presented to the driver. If a passenger with a discount ticket cannot present the relevant discount card to the driver, the driver has no obligation to take the passenger on without an extra charge.
- Online tickets can be paid for through Nordea, Danske Bank, OP Cooperative Bank, Aktia, S-Bank, Savings Banks, Local Cooperative banks, Bank of Åland and Tapiola online banking, as well as Visa, Eurocard or Mastercard debit cards.
- Online tickets are not refundable.
- The ticket buyer is responsible for the accuracy of the contact information provided for the online ticket. Savonlinja not responsible for problems resulting from disruptions in the transmission or printing of the receipt due to incorrect information
- For the rest, the online store complies with the existing Matkahuolto conditions and Finnish law.
- Changing a ticket will cost the passenger 7,50 euros service fee.
You can make a ticket change by logging in from the top right of the home page and click the "own tickets" button. After each ticket, you have the "Change Ticket" button which you can press to change the new travel date and time. After that, you can go to the shopping cart with the "change" button. The seat reservation is not valid after the ticket change.
You can buy your ticket at the station or on the bus. When you purchase your ticket on the bus, the price will based on our table of fares.
You can also purchase a return ticket from the bus driver. Various discount groups can also purchase discount tickets on the bus with a discount card or other proof. The price is based on our cash price list
Exchange tickets are only valid between Savonlinja's own routes. We cannot accept exchange tickets from other companies.
Save now! Super cheap tickets for all Savonlinja express buses available starting from €1! The most expensive ticket is €30!
Discounts are available for tickets purchased in advance from our online store. Discount rates will be displayed when you search for a one-way trip. The earlier you buy your ticket, the better deal you can get!
Note! Discount tickets are valid only on the departure for which it was purchased for. No other discounts will be given on discount tickets. You may be required to prove your identity with a photo ID, passport or driver's license. Discount tickets are always single tickets. Make sure you buy a return ticket.
At the online store
E-commerce payment methods can be found in the Online tickets section above.
On the bus
If possible, have enough cash with you to pay for your fare. Avoid using 50-euro bills or larger, as our ability to make change is limited. We accept the the following credit cards: Finnish Visa, Mastercard and Eurocard.
The driver will give you a receipt of the payment. You should keep the receipt in case tickets are inspected at some point. If you are found travelling without a ticket, you will be charged a full single fare.
However, if you use a travel card, there will be no receipt. If you have a personal ticket, you must be able to prove your identity. The fare is always paid for at the beginning of the trip.
- These prices are valid directly from the driver
- Prices are valid in our long-distance routes, not in local buses
Unused domestic bus tickets purchased from the Matkahuolto office can be redeemed. The redemption of tickets must be done within one month (1 month) from the end of the validity of the ticket. The service fee will be charged when returning Matkahuolto bus tickets.
We cannot accept exchange tickets from other companies.
We use special pricing on Lahti-Helsinki, Helsinki-Lahti, Porvoo-Helsinki and Helsinki-Porvoo routes. If you buy a ticket from the bus for these routes, the price is €9. Hop on!
A seat ticket for long-haul traffic can be redeemed in connection with the purchase of the travel ticket. The reservation costs 1.90 €/person/way. Seat tickets can be reserved for the five front rows of the vehicle and the reservation is only valid on the service marked on the ticket.
The travel ticket authorizes you to a seat in the vehicle. A person travelling without a separate seat reservation must be prepared to give up the seat to someone who has made a seat reservation in the seats in the first five rows.